If you’re on a natural hair journey like myself, I’m sure you’ve heard the hype about Jamaican Black Castor oil (JBCO) from the natural hair community. If you haven’t then keep reading and if you are already familiar with JBCO keep reading sister this is for you too.
When I started my natural hair journey the first time around, I stumbled upon this gem. I would mix JBCO with rosemary oil and Jojoba oil to apply to my hair daily. During this time I saw tremendous hair growth. I wore my hair in protective styles. I wore wigs, which allowed me to wash my hair every week. I would deep condition my hair once a week, braid it up and oil my scalp every night with the combination of the three oils.
My hair had grown a lot in a year before I began perming again. When I did my big chop the second time around, Jamaican Black Castor oil did the wonders for me AGAIN. So I guess what I’m trying to say, sister, yes, the hype is real behind JBCO. A couple years ago, I did Senegalese twist and the person who did them braided my edges very tight. Which caused some damage to my edges. I starting using the JBCO on my edges every night and I can honestly say I have edges today because of it. If you’re experiencing thinning edges I definitely recommend giving JBCO a try. Please use it consistently at least four times a week in the areas you would like to see growth. I believe you will see a change in the area you are applying it.
Here are 10 things you should know about Jamaican Black Castor Oil:
1) Jamaican Black Castor Oil can be used to moisturize, thicken and strengthen hair.
2) It also helps to increase hair growth.
3) It increases blood flow to the scalp and improves circulation while supplying nutrients to hair follicles.
4) It helps to prevent hair loss, dandruff, eczema and itchy scalp
5) It can be used on all hair types
6) Did you know you can use it for eyelash and eyebrow growth?
7) It repairs split ends
8) It’s organic and sulfate free
9) It also helps with acne and fungal infections
10) It restores natural color to hair
Here is how I apply my JBCO.
You will need a spray bottle or an applicator bottle. I like to spray the oil on my scalp especially when I have braids in my hair.
- 4 tbsp. of Jamaican Black Castor oil, 2 tbsp. of Jojoba oil and 4 drops of rosemary oil
- Mix the oils together in the spray bottle and shake gently.
- Spray on your scalp every night, make sure to get your edges and nape area.
Do you use JBCO? If so how has it worked for your hair?
Thanks for reading until next time Kinky Hair Rocks!
What's Your Reaction?
Dear Pretty Black girl, You are dripping with melanin and a force to be reckoned with. You are made of brown sugar, cocoa, honey and gold. You’ve been crowned with kinks as loose as 3A to as tight as 4C. No matter what type of strands you were crowned with, pretty girl, embrace them unapologetically. You are fearfully and wonderfully made in the image of God. -Welcome home, pretty girl!